Come, Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy
Words by Joseph Hart, 1759, refrain Anonymous
Tune: RESTORATION by Joseph Hart, 1759
Key signature: F minor (4 flats)
1. Come, ye sinners, poor and needy, Weak and wounded, sick and sore; Jesus ready stands to save you, Full of pity, love and pow’r.
Refrain: I will arise and go to Jesus, He will embrace me in His arms; In the arms of my dear Savior, Oh, there are ten thousand charms.
2. Come, ye thirsty, come, and welcome, God’s free bounty glorify; True belief and true repentance, Every grace that brings you nigh.
3. Come, ye weary, heavy-laden, Lost and ruined by the fall; If you tarry till you’re better, You will never come at all.
4. View Him prostrate in the garden; On the ground your Maker lies; On the bloody tree behold Him; Sinner, will this not suffice?
5. Lo! th’incarnate God ascended, Pleads the merit of His blood: Venture on Him, venture wholly, Let no other trust intrude.
6. Let not conscience make you linger, Not of fitness fondly dream; All the fitness He requireth Is to feel your need of Him.