We Three Kings of Orient Are
Words and music by John H. Hopkins, Jr., 1857
Tune: KINGS OF ORIENT
Key signature: E minor/G major (1 sharp)
Organ Performance at Hymns Without Words
Chords are available in the PDF and in small-print modes
1. We three kings of Orient are; Bearing gifts we traverse afar, Field and fountain, moor and mountain, Following yonder star.
Refrain: O star of wonder, star of night, Star with royal beauty bright, Westward leading, still proceeding, Guide us to thy perfect light.
2. Born a King on Bethlehem’s plain Gold I bring to crown Him again, King forever, ceasing never, Over us all to reign.
3. Frankincense to offer have I; Incense owns a Deity nigh; Prayer and praising, all men raising, Worship Him God on high.
4. Myrrh is mine, its bitter perfume Breathes a life of gathering gloom; Sorr’wing, sighing, bleeding, dying, Sealed in the stone cold tomb.
5. Glorious now behold Him arise; King and God and Sacrifice; Alleluia, Alleluia, Sounds through the earth and skies.