The National Call of Remembrance
Lyrics by Horace Lorenzo Trim (1849-1915)
Tune arranged by Daniel Butterfield, 1862. First played by Oliver Wilcox Norton.
Key signature: B flat major (2 flats). For trumpets: C major (no sharps or flats)
1. Day is done, gone the sun, From the lake, from the hills, from the sky; All is well, safely rest, God is nigh.
2. Fading light, dims the sight, And a star gems the sky, gleaming bright. From afar, drawing nigh, falls the night.
3. Thanks and praise, for our days, 'Neath the sun, 'neath the stars, neath the sky; As we go, this we know, God is nigh.
4. Sun has set, shadows come, Time has fled, Scouts must go to their beds Always true to the promise they made.
5. While the light fades from sight, And the stars gleaming rays softly send, To Thy hands we our souls, Lord, commend.