The King of Love My Shepherd Is
Words by Henry Baker (1821-1877), based on Psalm 23
Tune: ST. COLUMBA
Key signature: D major (2 sharps)
1. The King of love my Shepherd is, Whose goodness faileth never; I nothing lack if I am His, And He is mine forever.
2. Where streams of living water flow, My ransomed soul He leadeth; And where the verdant pastures grow, With food celestial feedeth.
3. Perverse and foolish, oft I strayed, But yet in love He sought me, And on His shoulder gently laid, And home, rejoicing, brought me.
4. In death’s dark vale I fear no ill, With Thee, dear Lord, beside me; Thy rod and staff my comfort still, Thy cross before to guide me.
5. Thou spread’st a table in my sight; Thy unction grace bestoweth; And O what transport of delight From Thy pure chalice floweth!
6. And so through all the length of days, Thy goodness faileth never; Good Shepherd, may I sing Thy praise Within Thy house forever.