The King of Love My Shepherd Is
Words by Henry Williams Baker (1821-1877)
Tune: ST. COLUMBA an Irish Melody
Key signature: E flat major (3 flats)
1. The King of love my Shepherd is, Whose goodness faileth never; I nothing lack if I am His, And He is mine forever.
2. Where streams of living water flow My ransomed soul He leadeth, And where the verdant pastures grow, With food celestial feedeth.
3. Perverse and foolish, oft I strayed, But yet in love He sought me, And on His shoulder gently laid, And home, rejoicing, brought me.
4. In death’s dark vale I fear no ill With You, dear Lord, beside me; Your rod and staff my comfort still, Your cross before to guide me.
5. You spread a table in my sight; Your saving grace bestowing; And O what transport of delight From Your pure chalice flowing.
6. And so through all the length of days Your goodness fails me never. Good Shepherd, may I sing Your praise Within Your house forever.